Flagstaff Trails Map
The Flagstaff Trails Map is a comprehensive, detailed, and accurate map of single-track trails and Flagstaff Urban Trails System (FUTS) trails in the Flagstaff area for hikers, bikers, and equestrians.
- The most recent version was released in February of 2018; this is the eighth edition since the map was first published in 2003
- The map shows more than 330 miles of single-track trails for hikers, bikers, and equestrians; as well as 56 miles of Flagstaff Urban Trails System (FUTS) pathways
- Also includes the Arizona Trail and the Flagstaff Loop Trail, and shows trails that are open to motorcycles as well as hikers, bikers and equestrians
- Covers an area of 372 square miles around Flagstaff from Upper Lake Mary to the San Francisco Peaks
- Latitude and longitude marks are provided, enabling the map to be used in conjunction with hand-held GPS (global positioning system) devices
- This map is exceptionally detailed and accurate; all of the trails on the map were hiked and/or biked by Emmitt Barks staff. Most trails have been hiked or biked multiple times
- A trail table provides detailed information for 72 trails, including mileage, elevation range, difficulty ratings for hikers and bikers, and a short description
- Shaded relief gives the map a 3D appearance and makes topography easy to read. Vertical profiles for 49 trails help users judge the difficulty of a trail before embarking on a hike or ride
- Contour lines are depicted at an interval of 50 feet. Spot elevations are provided at most trail junctions to help users gauge changes in topography
- Forest roads included on the map reflect the Coconino National Forest Travel Management Rule and Motor Vehicle Use Map
- Other map features include trailheads, campgrounds, picnic areas, views, watchable wildlife sites, wilderness areas, and national monuments
- Printed in full color on two sides of a heavyweight, durable, water-proof and tear-resistant synthetic paper
- Unfolded size is 24 by 37 inches; folds to 4 by 7.75 inches
- Scale is 1:35,000 (1 inch = 2,917 feet or 0.552 miles)
Click on the thumbnail image for a preview of the map.
The Flagstaff Trails Map is also available in digital format for smartphones and other devices. Visit PDF Maps for more information and to purchase.